5 Pet Friendly Places in Northeast Los Angeles
Are you looking for some new places to visit with your furry friend that are pet friendly and local? We made a list of some of our favorite places to visit around town!
1. Ernest E. Debs Regional Park: This park and hiking trail located in Highland Park is a real treasure in the middle of the city. It provides several miles of hiking and biking trails and offers a lovely view of Downtown LA as well as a small turtle and fish filled pond at the top. Typically, there are a lot of dogs along the way so it's best to keep your fur baby on a leash!
2. The Morrison in Atwater Village: This restaurant in Atwater Village not only serves delicious human food, but has as separate menu just for your pup! Their Doggy Menu has a few choices, such as chicken and rice, for your dog to enjoy while you're sipping a glass of wine on their patio.
3. Eagle Rock Dog Park: This dog park located on Figueroa in Eagle Rock is less than a year old and features plenty of shade, artificial turf, dirt, and water fountains for both dogs and people!
4. Homestate: Tacos and margaritas while hanging with your pup? Yes, please! Homestate on Figueroa in Highland Park features delicious tacos on homemade flour tortillas and has a large outdoor dirt patio. On any given night, you'll find it filled with dogs and their humans enjoying dinner under string-lights and the glow of the Highland Park Theater marquee.
5. Wiggle Waggle Walk: Ok, so this isn't place but actually a community dog walk and fundraiser around the Rose Bowl put on by the Pasadena Humane Society! Last year, Dogs Love Walks participated in this event and we had so much fun! The money raised helps provide food, shelter, and veterinary care to animals cared for at the shelter. This year's date hasn't been announced yet but typically happens in September so keep your eyes peeled!
Do you have a favorite place to visit with your pet? Let us know, we'd love to hear about it!
Sam & Mallory
Founders of Dogs Love Walks